December 11, 2018
- Invitrometrix, which has developed and is selling devices to life science research and drug discovery companies that uniquely provide continuous, real-time, quantitative monitoring of cells in culture, and
- Walch High School Math, which automates the development and deployment of high school curricula, giving school districts a virtual curriculum department in the cloud.
Member Due Diligence Reports:
- Datarista, which offers a data platform for the Sales & Marketing data industry; and
- First Light Biosciences, which has developed and will be bringing to market a self-contained benchtop system for the on-site diagnosis of antibiotic-resistant infections in hospitals.
November 13, 2018
- First Light Biosciences, which has developed and will be bringing to market a self-contained benchtop system to diagnose antibiotic-resistant infections in hospitals; and
- Enviro Power, which has developed the SmartWatt™ Boiler, a 95% efficient, closed-loop micro steam turbine for heating systems in homes and businesses to generate electric power on-site both as a backup and more cheaply than grid-supplied power.
Members’ due diligence reports and company updates:
- Datarista, a platform in the third-party Sales & Marketing data industry for data providers to create and manage integrations in CRM and Marketing Automation platforms such as Salesforce, Marketo & Eloqua; and
- Concrete Sensors, which is selling a system for building professionals to monitor and control the concrete curing process.
October 9, 2018
- Omega Trace, which is offering a product suite for brick and mortar businesses to monitor and track visitors to their premises, and
- Weft-Tex, which has developed and is selling a proprietary breath-through crib mattress.
Member updates and due diligence reports:
September 11, 2018
- QMedic, which offers a smart emergency help button service partnered with health insurers to support high-risk members living at home; and
- Datarista, a platform for data providers in the third-party Sales & Marketing data industry to create and manage integrations in CRM and Marketing Automation platforms such as Salesforce, Marketo & Eloqua.
- Beacon’s participation in any extension of the Zippity round; and
- Update on the pending bridge round by Siamab Therapeutics.
July 10, 2018
- Waec, which provides a low-cost, efficient local delivery option for consumers and stores using autonomous ground drones that politely navigate sidewalks and crosswalks, and
- Mobile Price Card is which offers a patent-pending technology to help consumer electronics retailers improve sales by advertising on the screens of devices already on display.
June 12, 2018
- LASO Technologies, which is selling a very waterproof Iphone case and is developing other field-use Iphone accessories; and
- ENTERAstim, which is developing a therapeutic system to stimulate the small bowel in the human GI tract electrically and speed the return of its motility from ileus to normal.
We also heard:
- A due diligence report on Zippity Cars
- A due diligence report on ScholarJet, and
- An update from the CEO and founder of portfolio company Ecare Vault.
Finally, we conducted a full review of the health and prospects of the companies in the Beacon Angels portfolio.
May 8, 2018
- Zippity Cars, which offers maintenance services directly to car owners at their place of business,
- BioTrak Therapeutics, which offers a mobile behavioral health app for the 2.4 billion people worldwide who suffer from frequently recurring tension-type headaches & migraines, and
- ScholarJet, where students earn college scholarships and companies reach a talented pool of college students, vet candidates for internships and employment, and enhance their employer brand.
We heard an update on Meenta, a prior Beacon presenter.
April 10, 2018
- Rockstep Solutions, which offers Climb, a scalable SaaS animal laboratory informatics software product that is designed in the Azure™ Cloud to leverage smart-lab technologies and utilize more elastic resources.
The meeting featured a due diligence update on Tӧst, and Beacon hosted funding updates by the CEOs of:
- Pykus Therapeutics, and
- Spiro Technologies.
March 13, 2018
- GoPetie, a B2B & B2C mobile platform that connects pet owners to each other, to local service providers and municipalities in a social community environment, and
- GuruSnaps, which connects business owners with professionals (Gurus) who can help them sell their business on the best terms.
Our meeting also included members’ due diligence reports on recent presenters Töst and Jobletics.
February 13, 2018
- Jobletics, an on-demand temp staffing marketplace for the food service and hospitality industry, and
- Name Net Worth, which offers an app to convert your networking activity into sales opportunities.
We also entertained members’ due diligence reports on:
- Magurobotics, and
- Töst Beverages.
- Meenta which helps scientists more fully access costly and limited laboratory resources by finding, accessing and sending biological samples to idle equipment via the Cloud; and
- Tӧst Beverages, which develops and sells uniquely delicious non-alcoholic celebratory beverages.