At its meeting on the morning of September 14, 2021, Beacon Angels members entertained funding proposals from:
- Phimentum, which supplies a novel form of therapeutic braces to general dentists, enabling them to generate high profits while lowering patient costs and geographic barriers; and
- Reeske, offering embeddable insurance technology for financial institutions to white-label life and disability insurance products to consumers, and
- Dermal Photonics, offering a patented device for home laser self-treatments superior to those of a professional dermatologist at a fraction of the cost.
Members reviewed due diligence reports on companies consisting of:
- AmplifiDx, offering a Molecular Point-of-Care biotechnology platform via the DX 1000 System for accurate, convenient, and affordable infectious disease testing;
- Hilltop BioSciences, a veterinary biotech offering novel therapies for inflammatory diseases such as equine asthma and canine osteoarthritis; and
- Intraday, developing AI tools in the financial technology field to enable companies to forecast and deploy cash efficiently and more productively.
Members heard an update on the upcoming funding round of AOA Dx, as well as portfolio company updates.