At the Beacon Angels meeting held on Tuesday, May 12, 2022, we entertained funding proposals from the following new company presenters:
- BloomForAll (Joanne Mercaldi & Team), offering teenagers a safe, inclusive and mindful health information platform powered by doctors, educators, organizations, and social influencers; and
- OrderTaker Solutions (Amit Gathani), a Wholesale Distribution technology startup developing a mobile ordering app for field sales reps to engage in direct store delivery sales and increase sales revenues by at least 15-20%.
Members delivered a report on The New England Quarterly Summit of the Angel Capital Association held on May 4, 2022.
We also heard member due diligence reports on the following:
- Pointz Mobility, a safety-focused mapping app that leverages crowdsourcing to help guide bike and scooter riders through pleasant, lower-stress routes in cities;
- Encapsulate, developing automated tumor-on-a-chip systems that can grow patients’ cancer cells and test the efficacy of cancer drugs; and
- Connective Health, disrupting behavioral health care.