At its meeting on Tuesday, June 12, 2018, Beacon Angels heard presentations for funding from the following:
- LASO Technologies, which is selling a very waterproof Iphone case and is developing other field-use Iphone accessories; and
- ENTERAstim, which is developing a therapeutic system to stimulate the small bowel in the human GI tract electrically and speed the return of its motility from ileus to normal.
We also heard:
- A due diligence report on Zippity Cars
- A due diligence report on ScholarJet, and
- An update from the CEO and founder of portfolio company Ecare Vault.
Finally, we conducted a full review of the health and prospects of the companies in the Beacon Angels portfolio.
Beacon Angels entertained presentations for funding from the following companies at its meeting on Tuesday, November 13, 2018:
- First Light Biosciences, which has developed and will be bringing to market a self-contained benchtop system to diagnose antibiotic-resistant infections in hospitals; and
- Enviro Power, which has developed the SmartWatt™ Boiler, a 95% efficient, closed-loop micro steam turbine for heating systems in homes and businesses to generate electric power on-site both as a backup and more cheaply than grid-supplied power.
We also reviewed members’ due diligence reports and/or company updates on:
- Datarista, a platform in the third-party Sales & Marketing data industry for data providers to create and manage integrations in CRM and Marketing Automation platforms such as Salesforce, Marketo & Eloqua; and
- Concrete Sensors, which is selling a system for building professionals to monitor and control the concrete curing process.
Presenters at the Beacon Angels meeting on Tuesday, October 9, 2018, included the following:
- Omega Trace, which is offering a product suite for brick and mortar businesses to monitor and track visitors to their premises, and
- Weft-Tex, which has developed and is selling a proprietary breath-through crib mattress.
Beacon also entertained updates and due diligence reports on:
Beacon Angels’ meeting on September 11, 2018 featured member updates and presentations by:
- QMedic, which offers a smart emergency help button service partnered with health insurers to support high-risk members living at home; and
- Datarista, a platform for data providers in the third-party Sales & Marketing data industry to create and manage integrations in CRM and Marketing Automation platforms such as Salesforce, Marketo & Eloqua.
Member reports included:
- A report on Beacon’s participation in any extension of the Zippity round; and
- An update on the pending bridge round by Siamab Therapeutics.
Beacon Angels enjoyed the following presentations at its meeting on Tuesday, July 10, 2018:
- Waec, which provides a low-cost, efficient local delivery option for consumers and stores using autonomous ground drones that politely navigate sidewalks and crosswalks, and
- Mobile Price Card is which offers a patent-pending technology to help consumer electronics retailers improve sales by advertising on the screens of devices already on display.
The Beacon Angels meeting on Tuesday, May 8th, 2018 featured presentations by the following:
- Zippity Cars, which offers maintenance services directly to car owners at their place of business,
- BioTrak Therapeutics, which offers a mobile behavioral health app for the 2.4 billion people worldwide who suffer from frequently recurring tension-type headaches & migraines, and
- ScholarJet, where students earn college scholarships and companies reach a talented pool of college students, vet candidates for internships and employment, and enhance their employer brand.
We heard an update on Meenta, a prior Beacon presenter.
The Beacon Angels meeting of April 10, 2018, featured a funding presentation from:
- Rockstep Solutions, which offers Climb, a scalable SaaS animal laboratory informatics software product that is designed in the Azure™ Cloud to leverage smart-lab technologies and utilize more elastic resources.
The meeting featured a member due diligence update on Tӧst, and Beacon hosted funding updates from:
- Pykus Therapeutics, and
- Spiro Technologies.