At its meeting on Tuesday, June 12, 2018, Beacon Angels heard presentations for funding from the following:
- LASO Technologies, which is selling a very waterproof Iphone case and is developing other field-use Iphone accessories; and
- ENTERAstim, which is developing a therapeutic system to stimulate the small bowel in the human GI tract electrically and speed the return of its motility from ileus to normal.
We also heard:
- A due diligence report on Zippity Cars
- A due diligence report on ScholarJet, and
- An update from the CEO and founder of portfolio company Ecare Vault.
Finally, we conducted a full review of the health and prospects of the companies in the Beacon Angels portfolio.
Beacon Angels is looking forward to the following presentations at its upcoming meeting on Tuesday, July 10, 2018:
- Waec, which provides a low-cost, efficient local delivery option for consumers and stores using autonomous ground drones that politely navigate sidewalks and crosswalks, and
- Mobile Price Card is which offers a patent-pending technology to help consumer electronics retailers improve sales by advertising on the screens of devices already on display.
The Beacon Angels meeting on Tuesday, May 8th, 2018 featured presentations by the following:
- Zippity Cars, which offers maintenance services directly to car owners at their place of business,
- BioTrak Therapeutics, which offers a mobile behavioral health app for the 2.4 billion people worldwide who suffer from frequently recurring tension-type headaches & migraines, and
- ScholarJet, where students earn college scholarships and companies reach a talented pool of college students, vet candidates for internships and employment, and enhance their employer brand.
We heard an update on Meenta, a prior Beacon presenter.
The Beacon Angels meeting of April 10, 2018, featured a funding presentation from:
- Rockstep Solutions, which offers Climb, a scalable SaaS animal laboratory informatics software product that is designed in the Azure™ Cloud to leverage smart-lab technologies and utilize more elastic resources.
The meeting featured a member due diligence update on Tӧst, and Beacon hosted funding updates from:
- Pykus Therapeutics, and
- Spiro Technologies.
The March 13, 2018, Beacon Angels Meeting featured new funding presentations by:
- GoPetie, a B2B & B2C mobile platform that connects pet owners to each other, to local service providers and municipalities in a social community environment, and
- GuruSnaps, which connects business owners with professionals (Gurus) who can help them sell their business on the best terms.
Our meeting also included members’ due diligence reports on recent presenters Töst and Jobletics.
Beacon’s meeting on February 13, 2018 featured new funding presentations by:
- Jobletics, an on-demand temp staffing marketplace for the food service and hospitality industry, and
- Name Net Worth, which offers an app to convert your networking activity into sales opportunities.
We also entertained members’ due diligence reports on:
The Beacon Angels meeting on January 9, 2017 featured presentations for funding by:
- Meenta which helps scientists more fully access costly and limited laboratory resources by finding, accessing and sending biological samples to idle equipment via the Cloud; and
- Tӧst Beverages, which develops and sells uniquely delicious non-alcoholic celebratory beverages.