Beacon’s meeting on March 14th, 2017 will feature new company presentations by:
- Green Pinata, which offers a subscription service targeting millennial parents that prefer high-quality, wooden toys for their children while saving money and reducing clutter; and
- Patheer which offers an enterprise talent development platform to enable employers to retain and grow talent while simultaneously empowering employees to self-drive their careers.
We shall also hear member due diligence reports and updates on recent presenters:
- Pykus Therapeutics,
- QSM Diagnostics &
Beacon’s meeting on February 14th, 2017 featured new company presentations by:
- Pykus Therapeutics, which is developing a dissolvable intraocular device to make retinal surgery less painful and more successful; and
- UniteGPS, which develops software tools related to location. Their first product is being sold to school districts nationwide and is called Crosswalk.
We heard member due diligence reports and updates on recent presenter My Blend, and also entertained an update from the CEO our portfolio company, IQuartic.
Beacon’s January 10th meeting featured presentations by:
- My Blend, creating new ways for fashion and lifestyle brands to better engage with consumers by de-cluttering their e-mail inboxes, opening conduits to the social digital lives of women in the age 25-40 demographic; and
- The Wardrobe Essentialist, launching a two-sided menswear marketplace employing unique multi-brand data and machine learning to proffer personalized merchant recommendations, leading to more orders, lower return rates, and a superior return on Ad Spend.
Our portfolio review included an update on our new investment in Ecare Vault, Inc.
We heard due diligence reports concerning QSM Diagnostics and RacerX.
Beacon Angels’ meeting on December 13, 2016 will include presentations by:
- 3d Fortify, a materials 3D printing company that uses patented magnetic alignment technology to create highly complex carbon fiber composites; and
- Flaskworks, which is developing modular, closed and disposable systems for the manufacture of dendritic cells and stimulation and expansion of T cells for the rapidly growing immuno-oncology and dendritic cell-based vaccines markets.
We will also consider due diligence reports or updates on
- eCare Vault,
- RacerX and
- QSM Diagnostics.
Presenters to Beacon Angels’ meeting on Tuesday, November 8th were:
- eCare Vault, which is developing a social network for parents of children with developmental needs to share and coordinate with health and education team members; and
- Kalion, an industrial biotech company that will use traditional, green, fermentation technology to produce high-value chemicals at a substantially lower cost and higher purity than current methods, with a beachhead in the supply of glucaric acid, a key ingredient of Ritalin and other drugs.
Portfolio company Affectly provided a member-investors’ update.
Due diligence committees discussed QSM Diagnostics and RacerX.
Beacon Angels’ Oct. 11th, 2016 meeting featured funding presentations by:
- RacerX, which is paid by consumer product manufacturers to facilitate consumer product registrations with a mobile app, facilitating their relationship marketing; and
- Eversound, which will shortly launch targeted sales of its listening enhancement devices for seniors.
We also reviewed and discussed due diligence reports concerning:
- QSM Diagnostics, and.
Beacon Angels’ meeting on Tuesday, September 13, 2016, featured presentations by:
- WhisperSOM, which is developing a lightweight, wearable device that works with your smart phone to interrupt sleep apnea and snoring, and
- Cre8MDI, which is developing a medical device for the early prediction of cardiovascular disease by primary assessment of arterial stiffness by pulse wave velocity.
We also discussed due diligence reports concerning:
- XCube R&D, and
- QSM Diagnostics.
And we discussed our just completed initial round investment in Orange Photonics.