Beacon Presenters on Tuesday, Dec. 11th, 2012 were:
- Vaxess Technologies, which employs a unique, silk based method to preserve vaccines indefinitely at room temperature; and
- Purpose Energy, which offers a treatment solution on a pallet to derive energy from brewing and other food waste.
Our Presenters Tuesday Nov. 13th, 2012 were:
- Pragya Systems, a development stage company whose technology will allow instructors and students to simplify and accelerate college course development;
- Aquabotix, which sells the HydroView,™ a user-controlled underwater inspectional vehicle for the recreational marine, marine construction, public-water suppl, first responder and environmental monitoring markets; and
- Sialix, which is developing a cancer therapeutic for ovarian, breast, colon and other solid tumors, and an anti-inflammatory nutritional supplement to combat red-meat associated inflammation caused by the incorporation of non-human sialic acids into human tissue.
The presenter at Beacon Angels’ October 9, 2012 meeting was:
- Grove Street Technologies, which aims to save US households thousands by supplying efficient, combined heat/power systems.
Wednesday, October 3, 2012 – 12:33 PM
Beacon has just completed a follow on investment round in its portfolio company, Crimson Hexagon. Watch for its logo in connection with trend analyses on TV, especially CNN, of the upcoming presidential election.
Thursday, September 13, 2012 – 12:16 PM
Beacon Portfolio company Copiun, Inc. is in the process of being acquired lock stock and barrel by pre-IPO VISTO Corporation, d/b/a Good Technology, of Sunnyvale, CA. Copiun’s Marlboro, Mass., headquarters will continue as Good’s east coast office. Some details here.
Thursday, September 13, 2012 – 12:05 PM
Beacon Angels in the news: Slater, others make $525K investment in MoFuse
Mass High Tech
… from Slater Technology Fund, an early-stage fund backed by the state of Rhode Island; Beacon Angels; Angel Street Capital and Cherrystone Angel Group
Friday, July 6, 2012 – 2:47 PM
Beacon Angels participated in a $3MM follow-on investment round in debt convertible to the Series B preferred stock of Avaxia Biologics, of Lexington, Mass., a biotech company that refines easily tolerated therapeutics from colostrum produced by immunized dairy cows.
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 – 1:31 PM
Richard Noyes participated in the “speed dating” of 20 or so start-ups in the Betaspring Incubator of Providence, Rhode Island in February 2012. He attended the follow-up “first look” in April to look at the progress of the ventures.
Friday, May 18, 2012 – 1:35 PM
In May 2012, Richard Noyes helped judge an Entrepreneurship course competition at Babson College in which eight teams of MBA students pitched a term project.
Friday, May 18, 2012 – 1:33 PM
Beacon Angels’ Richard Noyes delivered the presentation: “How Much is Too Little or Too Much to Ask For” to start-ups at the Enterprise Center at Salem State College in April 2012.
Friday, May 18, 2012 – 1:31 PM
Beacon Angels’ Richard Noyes served as a judge in the “Piranha Pond Pitch Party”, where start-up companies pitched to angel groups and venture capitalists at the Enterprise Center at Salem State College in February 2012.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012 – 9:34 AM
Beacon Angels participated in a $775,000 extension round for SepSensor, Inc. that closed April 20, 2012.
Wednesday, April 4, 2012 – 5:26 PM
Beacon Angels’ William F. Swiggart, Daniel Von Kohorn and Norman Meisner participated in the Boston VC and Angel Showcase on April 26, 2012.
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 – 12:15 PM
Beacon Angels is currently in due diligence for a follow-on, bridge round financing of Providence-based MoFuse, Inc., a vendor to small and medium sized businesses of Web sites specially sized for mobile phones and smartphones.
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 – 12:11 PM
Beacon Angels recently participated in a $4.1MM Series A financing round with start-up company Avaxia Biologics, Inc. along with other angel groups, including Cherrystone Angels, Boston Harbor Angels, Launchpad, North Country, Mass Medical Angels and individual angels.
Wednesday, February 1, 2012 – 2:46 PM
Beacon Angels recently closed an extension investment round with Pixability, a company that helps companies manage and display video promotions on the Internet.
Wednesday, January 4, 2012 – 10:49 AM
In December 2011, Beacon Angels closed an extension of its original round with portfolio company, Innerpass, Inc., which recently introduced its new file sharing and synchronization service, Groupmix™, which offers users a greatly enhanced ability to create and manage work groups on-line.