December 13, 2016
- 3d Fortify, a materials 3D printing company that uses patented magnetic alignment technology to create highly complex carbon fiber composites; and
- Flaskworks, which is developing modular, closed and disposable systems for the manufacture of dendritic cells and stimulation and expansion of T cells for the rapidly growing immuno-oncology and dendritic cell-based vaccines markets.
We also considered due diligence reports or updates on
- eCare Vault,
- RacerX and
- QSM Diagnostics.
November 8, 2016
Presenters to the meeting were:
- eCare Vault, which is developing a social network for parents of children with developmental needs to share and coordinate with health and education team members; and
- Kalion, an industrial biotech company that will use traditional, green, fermentation technology to produce high-value chemicals at a substantially lower cost and higher purity than current methods, with a beachhead in the supply of glucaric acid, a key ingredient of Ritalin and other drugs.
Portfolio company Affectly provided a member-investors’ update.
Due diligence committees discussed QSM Diagnostics and RacerX.
October 11, 2016
Our meeting featured funding presentations by:
- RacerX, which is paid by consumer product manufacturers to facilitate consumer product registrations with a mobile app, facilitating their relationship marketing; and
- Eversound, which will shortly launch targeted sales of its listening enhancement devices for seniors.
We also reviewed and discussed due diligence reports concerning:
- QSM Diagnostics, and.
September 13, 2016
- WhisperSOM, which is developing a lightweight, wearable device that works with your smart phone to interrupt sleep apnea and snoring, and
- Cre8MDI, which is developing a medical device for the early prediction of cardiovascular disease by primary assessment of arterial stiffness by pulse wave velocity.
We also discussed due diligence reports concerning:
- XCube R&D, and
- QSM Diagnostics.
And we discussed our just completed initial round investment in Orange Photonics.
August 14, 2016
The Beacon Angels 2016 garden party was held at the Swiggarts’ home August 14th, at which the Pat Gaulin Trio performed.
July 12, 2016
- QSM Diagnostics, which is developing a diagnostic instrument sensor to identify and monitor bacterial infections in wounds, and
- Polis, which offers a door-knocking app and data dashboard to assist companies and political campaigns to manage and improve their field operations.
We conduct due diligence reviews of:
- Gadfly Legal,
- Launchpad Medical,
- XCube R&D &
- Orange Photonics.
June 14, 2016
The meeting featured presentations for funding by:
- XCube R&D, which is deploying big data management systems, originally developed for the aerial drone, to help automobile companies develop, test and safety check autonomous driving systems; and
- Orange Photonics, which is deploying the “Lightlab” laboratory grade portable analysis platforms to deliver potency analysis, of the four major cannabinoids, on-site to marijuana dealers.
The members also discussed portfolio updates for Concrete Sensors and Iquartic. They evaluated due diligence results for Dookans, Gadfly Legal, Or-Genix, Launchpad Medical and Loto Lighting.
May 10th, 2016
- Loto Lighting, which designs and sells motorized controllable display lighting, and
- PSM Clean Energy, which simplifies financing and investing in solar projects.
Members also presented and considered due diligence reports on five pending recent presenters now under consideration.
April 12, 2016
- Or-Genix Therapeutics, which is developing and out-licensing proprietary science based topical products to help prevent and treat hormonally aging skin and hair in women aged 40+; and
- Launchpad Medical, which is developing and commercializing Tetranite,™ a proprietary adhesive that supports and integrates with the body’s self-repair mechanisms to help regrow bone and permanently stabilize metal hardware—initially for dental implants.
Both companies were accepted for Due Diligence.
Members delivered due diligence reports on Dookans, Gadfly Legal, and IQuartic.
March 8, 2016
- Gadfly Legal, which offers a leasing negotiation and management system to in house counsel and commercial leasing managers; and
- Antera Therapeutics, which is developing the only therapy to prevent infants from developing peanut allergies.
Portfolio company Concrete Sensors, which sells a system to builders to monitor and improve the curing of concrete in commercial projects, provided an update.
February 9, 2016
- Medical Surface develops advanced coatings for medical devices using a proprietary single step technology. Their surfaces are designed to make biosensors work better and last longer in the body.
- iQuartic is developing a data technology to help large health insurers and health care providers evaluate up to 40% more of the risk factors of a given population, and thereby estimate risk and costs more quickly and reliably than existing methods.
Members delivered due diligence reports on Building Conversation, Concrete Sensors, and Dookans.
January 12, 2016
- Metacomb, developer and purveyor of structural paneling and countertops fabricated from corrugated cardboard for use by architects and designers; and
- Dookans, purveyor of ‘What the Trucks’ app enabling mostly lunchtime customers to identify, locate and purchase meals from food trucks.
Members delivered due diligence reports on Atanse, Building Conversation and Concrete Sensors.