During 2018 Beacon Angels entertained new funding proposals from companies and due diligence reports, respectively, as follows :
January 9, 2018
- Meenta which helps scientists more fully access costly and limited laboratory resources by finding, accessing and sending biological samples to idle equipment via the Cloud; and
- Tӧst Beverages, which develops and sells uniquely delicious non-alcoholic celebratory beverages.
February 13, 2018
- Jobletics, an on-demand temp staffing marketplace for the food service and hospitality industry, and
- Name Net Worth, which offers an app to convert your networking activity into sales opportunities.
Members’ due diligence reports: Magurobotics, and Töst Beverages.
March 13, 2018
- GoPetie, a B2B & B2C mobile platform that connects pet owners to each other, to local service providers and municipalities in a social community environment, and
- GuruSnaps, which connects business owners with professionals (Gurus) who can help them sell their business on the best terms.
Members’ due diligence reports: Töst and Jobletics.
April 10, 2018
- Rockstep Solutions, which offers Climb, a scalable SaaS animal laboratory informatics software product that is designed in the Azure™ Cloud to leverage smart-lab technologies and utilize more elastic resources.
Due diligence update: Tӧst,
Beacon hosted funding updates by the CEOs of Pykus Therapeutics, and Spiro Technologies.
May 8, 2018
- Zippity Cars, which offers maintenance services directly to car owners at their place of business,
- BioTrak Therapeutics, which offers a mobile behavioral health app for the 2.4 billion people worldwide who suffer from frequently recurring tension-type headaches & migraines, and
- ScholarJet, where students earn college scholarships and companies reach a talented pool of college students, vet candidates for internships and employment, and enhance their employer brand.
We heard an update on Meenta, a prior Beacon presenter.
June 12, 2018
- LASO Technologies, which is selling a very waterproof Iphone case and is developing other field-use Iphone accessories; and
- ENTERAstim, which is developing a therapeutic system to stimulate the small bowel in the human GI tract electrically and speed the return of its motility from ileus to normal.
We also heard:
- Due diligence reports on Zippity Cars and on ScholarJet, and
- An update from the CEO and founder of portfolio company Ecare Vault.
Finally, we conducted a full review of the health and prospects of the companies in the Beacon Angels portfolio.
July 10, 2018
- Waec, which provides a low-cost, efficient local delivery option for consumers and stores using autonomous ground drones that politely navigate sidewalks and crosswalks, and
- Mobile Price Card is which offers a patent-pending technology to help consumer electronics retailers improve sales by advertising on the screens of devices already on display.
September 11, 2018
- QMedic, which offers a smart emergency help button service partnered with health insurers to support high-risk members living at home; and
- Datarista, a platform for data providers in the third-party Sales & Marketing data industry to create and manage integrations in CRM and Marketing Automation platforms such as Salesforce, Marketo & Eloqua.
- Beacon’s participation in any extension of the Zippity round; and
- Update on the pending bridge round by Siamab Therapeutics.
October 9, 2018
- Omega Trace, which is offering a product suite for brick and mortar businesses to monitor and track visitors to their premises, and
- Weft-Tex, which has developed and is selling a proprietary breath-through crib mattress.
Member updates and due diligence: Datarista, and Zippity Cars.
November 13, 2018
- First Light Biosciences, which has developed and will be bringing to market a self-contained benchtop system to diagnose antibiotic-resistant infections in hospitals; and
- Enviro Power, which has developed the SmartWatt™ Boiler, a 95% efficient, closed-loop micro steam turbine for heating systems in homes and businesses to generate electric power on-site both as a backup and more cheaply than grid-supplied power.
Members’ due diligence reports and company updates:
- Datarista, a platform in the third-party Sales & Marketing data industry for data providers to create and manage integrations in CRM and Marketing Automation platforms such as Salesforce, Marketo & Eloqua; and
- Concrete Sensors, which is selling a system for building professionals to monitor and control the concrete curing process.
December 11, 2018
- Invitrometrix, which has developed and is selling devices to life science research and drug discovery companies that uniquely provide continuous, real-time, quantitative monitoring of cells in culture, and
- Walch High School Math, which automates the development and deployment of high school curricula, giving school districts a virtual curriculum department in the cloud.
Member Due Diligence:
- Datarista, which offers a data platform for the Sales & Marketing data industry; and
- First Light Biosciences, which has developed and will be bringing to market a self-contained benchtop system for the on-site diagnosis of antibiotic-resistant infections in hospitals.